- It's a matter of great pride and honour for our school, as the volleyball girls' team of Army Public School Kolkata has become the champions in the Volleyball Girls' Command Level Championship (2016) held at APS Bashista from 22nd to 24th August.
- The basketball girls' team of Army Public School Kolkata has won the Eastern Command Inter Army School Basket Ball (Girls) Tournament (2016) , held at APS Bengdubi from 19 to 23 August 2016. Raksha Singha was declared the best player.
- Shreya Goswami of class VI D won bronze medal Kata category, another bronze medal Kamite category and overall gold medal for Kata team in the second International Open Karate Championship (2016) held at Kudiram Anushilan Kendra and Netaji Indoor Stadium from 5 to 7 August 2016
- Ahona Majumdar of class XB has won gold medal for 50 m backstroke, 100m backstroke and 200m backstroke, in the Inter School Swimming Championship (2016) held at Khidderpur Swimming Club on 29 August 2016. She has been rewarded with a cheque worth Rs 10,000 by AWWA for her excellent performance
ACHIEVEMENTS - CO-CURRICULAR 2015-2016
- On the occasion of Republic Day celebration held on 26 January, 2016 (at Red Road) our Army Public School's cultural contingent was awarded the most colourful performing contingent. Ved Prakash Gupta of class X received the runners up trophy for best contingent commander.
- Amritangshu Das of XII Commerce stood first for both Men's double scull (senior) and Men's pairs (senior) in 5th Netaji Subash State Games, All Bengal State Rowing Championship held on 23 January 2016.
- It's a matter of tremendous pride for APS Kolkata as Simran Walia of class XII Commerce secured the third position in the Eastern India Equistrian Competition Championship 2016 (open jumping, top core) held from 16 to 17 January 2016.
- THE TELEGRAPH AWARD It is a proud moment for APS Kolkata as our students Paritosh Sharma and Amritangshu Das (of class XII Commerce) have received certificates of honour for Academic Excellence and Excellence in sports respectively from The Telegraph School Awards for Excellence 2015, held on 17 November 2015 at Vidya Mandir. The school has also been honoured with the certificate for Excellence in Maintenance and Eco- Friendly Initiatives.
Our APS team of debaters has proved that nothing is impossible. They have brought glory and honor to the school by bagging the first position in the debate competition at Cluster Level (3) held at Baghrakote on 6 October 2015. The team consisted of Akshara Nair (best speaker), Prithvi Banerjee (best interjector) and Jyotsana Jeevantika whose contribution needs to be mentioned for winning the overall championship trophy for the team.
BOURNVITA QUIZ CONTEST
Bournvita Quiz contest was held on 28 August 2015 at Gyan Manch. It is a matter of great pride to let everyone know that out of 50 participating schools, Army Public School Kolkata stood sixth in the contest. Kavish Raj Singh and Anubhav Mukherjee of class VII C were declared as the best quizzers from Army Public School Kolkata.
BASKETBALL CLUSTER LEVEL
They say, "Hard work is the key to success" and yes the Girls' Basketball team of Army Public School Kolkata, after months of hard work and practice proved it right. Our girls emerged as the winners of inter Army Public School Cluster Level Basketball Tournament (2015) at Kalimpong held between 24-28 August 2015. They played two neck to neck matches at Kalimpong and emerged as winners of both. Rosaliya Monis was rewarded the best player of the basketball tournament
Ahona Majumdar of class IX B of Army Public School Kolkata , participated in South Kolkata Inter School Swimming Competition on 24 August 2015. She participated in two events , 50 m and 100 m breastroke in which she secured third position. She had also participated in one mile swimming competition on 15 August 2015 at South Kolkata Rabindra Sarovar and won the first prize.
Shiv Shubham Ray of class XD participated in South Kolkata Inter School Swimming Championship (2015) at Rabindra Sarovar on 24 August 2015. He took part in 400 m freestyle on 24 August 2015 in which he secured the second position. He also participated in Intra Club Aquatic Meet 2015 in two separate events - 50 m freestyle and breastroke on 23 August 2015 at Khidderpore swimming club where he secured the first position.
VOLLEYBALL COMMAND LEVEL
The Girls' Volleyball team of Army Public School Kolkata emerged as the champion of the Inter Army School Command Level Volleyball Tournament (for girls 2015) held between 20 - 22 August 2015 at Gangtok. Sanjana Prasad of class XI Humanities was declared the best player of the tournament.
Sourav Akhuli of class 8A had secured the eighth position in the State Grand Finale Level of Wiz National Spell Bee competition, held at South City International School, Kolkata, on 16 August, 2015.
- Nimishya Joon of class XII Science 2 of Army Public School Kolkata, was selected as the NIE Student of the year (2015), organised by The Times of India. This is an honour given to the best student of the current class XII batch.
ACHIEVEMENTS - CO-CURRICULAR 2013-2014
- A team of Senior Girl (Rhythm Shukla, Sargam Shukla, Prerna Dixit and Anwesha Pal bagged a gold medal in the Senior Girls' Coxed Fours in the 12th BRC Students' Rowing Championship held at Rabindra Sarovar, Kokata from 12 to 19 May 2013. 79 schools from in and around the city had taken part in the Championship.
- The Senior Girls' team also won the silver medal at the National Level Regatta organized by Lake Club from 9 to 16 June 2013 in which over 300 schools from across India participated. The Senior Boys' Team (Amritangshu Das, Karanjit Singh, Manzil Chakraborty and Shivam Adhikari) won the bronze medal in the Senior Boys' Coxed Fours of the same Championship.
- Prerna Dixit of Class X stood second in the 14 -16 years girls freestyle event in the Military Swimming Competition organized between 24 and 27 June 2013.
- Sargam Shukla of Class XI took part in the Independence Day Regatta 2013 organised by Bengal Rowing Club held on 15 August. She took part in the mixed fours event and stood second among 15 participating teams. This was a hat trick trophy for Sargam who had won trophies in the same tournament for the last two years as well.
- Both our girls' and boys, volleyball teams thrashed hosts APS Barrackpore on 17 August to win the Cluster Level Inter-Army School Volleyball Championship. The teams now qualify for the Command level matches.
- Our students participated in The Statesman Vibes Inter-School Festival held in Kala Mandir on 19 and 20 August 2013. Gayatri Bala of Class XI Sc. made us proud by winning the Face-Painting Competition at the event while Ankita Manna of Class XI Sc. won the runners-up prize for T-shirt Painting.
- In the Annual Inter-Army School Volleyball Championship the APS Kolkata boys' team stood second and the girls' team emerged winners defeating their rivals in straight sets. The finals were held in APS Barrackpore on 23 August.
- Army Public School Kolkata won a coveted Certificate of Honour In the annual The Telegraph School Awards for Excellence in the category School with the Best Maintenance and Eco-friendly Initiatives. Rhythm Shukla of Class XII won a Certificate of Honour in same event in the category Excellence in Sports. The ceremony was held in Uttam Manch, Kolkata on 24 August 2013.
- The girls' basketball team of APS Kolkata trounced visitors APS Barrackpore by 34 points in a Cluster Level Inter-Army School Basketball Match on 03 September.
- Krishna Kant Dubey (Class VII) won the bronze medal in the Kumite and Kata for boys below 15 years in a Karate Championship organized by the West Bengal chapter of the Japan Karate Association of India in September 2013
- Ankit Mukherjee of Class XII was selected to captain the Keventer Cup All-Star under-17 football team for an exhibition match against the under -17 team of East Bengal. Milan Gurung (of Class XI) played as midfielder in the same team. Subsequently Ankit was chosen as one among the 30 under -19 probable footballers to represent Bengal.
The Fort William Badminton Championship
Army Public School, Kolkata Army Public School, Kolkata Army Public School, Kolkata Army Public School, Kolkata Army Public School, Kolkata
- Ishana Ghosh of Class XI took an active part in producing a short film The First Song an adaptation of a short story written by Sujoy Sen. The film revolves around, unresolved issues of the youth, issues which are as much global as they are personal. Ishana not only scripted and helped with the casting of the film but also collaborated with a Shimla based metal band to compose and record the theme song. As an actor, Ishana played the role of one of the four protagonists of the film, a young girl, who linked the lives of the other three through her silent paint brush. The film was screened during the recently concluded Kolkata International Film Festival.
- Budding golfers Gursant Singh of Class X-C and Harmeet Singh of Class VIII-D bagged the first prize in the under-18 category in the Tolly Monsoon Cup organised by the Tollygung Golf Club recently.
- Students of Classes VIII to XI took part in the Selvel Kolkata Invitation School Sports Meet 2013 hosted by La Martiniere School for Boys from December 9 to 13. Competing against the best student sportspeople of the city, many of our participants bagged medals. The Army Public School medalists are: Mansi Poriya, B. Sai Deepak, Sanjana Prasad, Saparya Chakraborty Raksha Singha, Neetu Rawat, Deblina Sutradhar, Pritikant Sahoo Rohan C. Bhowmick, Roushan Sultan, Aabru Jaan, Meenu Rawat Ankit Das, Anish Dutta, Sania Bhattacharjee, Bhumika Rao Sinjita, Kalpana Dhami, Vasudh Saxena, Manish Karandeep Singh, Prodipta Sarkar, Samapti Patra Smriti Mohan Smriti was also declared the Champion in the Under-16 Girls' Division.
ACHIEVEMENTS - CO-CURRICULAR 2012-2013
- Kartik Lohumi (Cl. VII A) received the runners-up shield in ITC Cup Golf Tournament in November 2012.
- In the VIBES inter-school competition organized by The Statesman, Indrashish Das (Cl. IX B) and Annesha Dutta (Cl.IX B) were the winners for the Painting and Craft Work events. Ishita Rai and Arko Banerjee (both of Cl. X B) created the winning model in Eureka, a competition for making science based models.
- Himansh Mutuya won the 1st Prize in the Individual Karate Category and 3rd Prize in the Group Karate Category in the All West Bengal Ryushi-Kan Shitoryu Karate Championship on 02 December 2012.
- Satyam Singh (Cl. VII B) secured the 3rd position in the J F Wado Karate Hunt Championship held on 16 December in Kolkata.
- Sargam Shukla (Cl. X C) bagged the Gold in the Junior Women's Double Scull in the WBRA State Rowing Championship in January 2013. Amritanshu Das (Cl. IX B) secured the Gold in both the Sub-Junior Boys Single Scull and Double Scull events in the Same Championships. Snigdho Chatterjee (Cl. X C) won the Karate Cup on 3rd February 2013.
ACHIEVEMENTS - CO-CURRICULAR 2011
- Mayukh Pandit of Class VI A has got the 1st position and Distinction in theory as well as practical in a drawing competition held by Pracheer Kala Kendra in Chandigarh on 30 September, 2009.
- Raunak Hatwal of Class X C participated in the 25th ALBATROSS JUNIOR TOUR and certified in the ALBATROSS GOLF tournament from Tollygunge Club, Kolkata held from 20 November, 2010. He made his place among the top ten at the national level.
- Ranjit Singh Pande of class II C participated in the Kolkata Horse Show held on 8 January 2011 and won a silver medal. Vedant Nascar of V C also won a gold medal at the Kolkata Horse Show held on 8 January 2011.
- Raisa Zaman of Class IV came 3rd in the Sit-n-Draw Competition organized by the Agri-Horticultural Society of India on 9 January 2011.
- Rimjhim Gupta of Class VIIIC was awarded the 1st prize at I- Genius held on 14 November 2010. She received a cheque worth 1 lakh rupees from Ruskin Bond and Derek O'Brien.
- Nanki Hari, Yash Chaudhary and Swarnmita of Class V B bagged the Ist, IInd and IIIrd positions respectively during the Tollygunge Horse Show [THS] on 1st January 2011 at Tollygunge Club, Kolkata.
- APS Kolkata stood 1st in the Cultural programme during the Republic Day Parade held on 26th January 2011.
- Anup Singh of Class X A got the Best Contingent Commander during the Republic Day Parade held on 26th January 2011.
- Devesh Singh of Class V C won the second prize in a Painting Workshop held at AOI, Fort William.
- Saptarishi Choudhary of Class III C became the National Champion in the International Spelling Bee and is going to Delhi for the International level competition.
- Sargam Shukla of Class VIII D represented West Bengal at the national level in the Squash Racket Federation and reached the Quarter Final level.
- A team of enthusiastic students from Classes IX and X participated in TCS IT WIZ - a keenly contested IT quiz competition conducted by the popular quizmaster, Pickbrain.
- Students from Class VIII - X participated in the prestigious Starmark Puffin Quiz hosted by another popular quiz master in the city quizzing circuit, Mr Charanpreet Singh.
- Class VIII spelling wizards Mohona Das and Rohit Krishna took part in the Wiz National Spell Bee contest.
- Versatile youngster Saptarishi Basak of IX A, took part with equal ease and aplomb, in the MOTION IITJEE QUIZ, the BITM PAINTING Competition and the NCC Rifle Shooting contest in which he even bagged the Gold Medal.
- The APS Girls' Basketball and Volleyball teams bagged the Winner's Trophy in the Annual Inter-Army School Basketball and Volleyball Tournaments respectively. The Boys' Basketball team was declared the second runners -up in the same tournament.