P. Saieesh Rao of Class XII cleared the entrance examination to NDA and Vishal D. Patel also of Class XII was successful in the entrance examination to TES course
ARMY NCC CADETS
- Army NCC cadets of our school participated in an NCC Camp held in KV Ballygunge from 21 May to 30 May. Anwesha Ghosh of Class IX was declared the Best Firer in the Junior Division. Another camp was held at the same venue from 02 June to 11 June.
BOARD BATCHES OF CLASSES X & XII
- Board batches of classes X & XII did the school proud by coming out in flying colours in the board examinations. Arya Kumar Sen scored the highest in AISSE with 97% marks. In AISSCE , the highest scorers were Ritwika Bhattacharjee with 97.6%(Sc), Amann Saraf with 92.6%(Com),Trayambak Chakravarty with 93.8%(hum)
- Mrs. Sheelam Bajpai conducted a workshop with the teaching staff on 30 June in the School Auditorium. The workshop dealt with the sensitive issue of healing victims of child abuse and preventing it in our immediate surroundings.
WORLD CHOCOLATE DAY
- The school celebrated World Chocolate Day on 6th july with activities ranging from collage making to essay writing.
- Our school achieved a commendable 3rd position in an inter school Environment Quiz organized by Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in July in which 20 other schools participated.
BEHTAR INDIA CAMPAIGN
- Students of Classes VI to XI took great pride in cleaning up their school premises on 9th and 10th August as part of the Behtar India campaign. APS Kolkata was the only APS in the Kolkata Zone to take part in this venture.
- The first ever Inter-House cultural and sports festival, Srujan was conducted with great fanfare on 13, 14 and 17 August.
- As part of The Green Initiative begun by the CBSE, our school conducted a sapling planting ceremony on 18 August in which students and teachers took part enthusiastically.
- Radio station, Radio Mirchi broadcast a programme on 15th August to promote the spirit of patriotism amongst school-children. APS students of Classes III and IV sang patriotic songs and sent touching messages to the brave soldiers guarding our national borders through this programme.
BEST INSPIRING TEACHER AWARD
Our Principal, Mrs. Suchitra Bandyopadhyay, won the Best Inspiring Teacher Award in a programme conducted by the Institute of Engineering Management on 25 August. The award ceremony was organized for 101 schools across West Bengal.
NATIONAL LEVEL COMPETITION
An essay writing competition was conducted for students of Classes VII to X on the theme of Fuel Conservation. This was a part of a national level competition conducted jointly by the CBSE and Petroleum Conservation Research Association.
- The official website of our school, apskolkata.in was re-launched in August.
NATIONAL SPORTS DAY
- To celebrate National Sports Day, keenly contested matches – throwball, between girls of the Primary Wing and lady teachers and soccer, between the senior boys and their gentlemen teachers were played in the School Ground on 29 August. Both matches were won by the faculty members!
- HQ Eastern Command conducted an essay writing competition to celebrate Hindi pakhwada. Students of classes VIII to X participated enthusiastically in this event on 30 August.
ANNUAL INTER-SCHOOL QUIZ CONTEST
Members of the school quiz team took part in the Annual Inter-school Quiz Contest on Friends FM, the radio channel. The quiz will be broadcast early in September.
STATE LEVEL CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP
Priyanshu Gupta Bhaya of Class VIII won a gold medal in the State Level Chess Championship
INTERNATIONAL KARATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Shreya Goswami of Class VIII won a gold medal each for Kata & Kumite in the 4th International Karate Championship in Netaji Indoor Stadium
RANKED 8TH IN BADMINTON IN THE STATE OF WEST BENGAL
- Stutie Mandal of Class VIII is ranked 8th in Badminton in the State of West Bengal
UNDER -19 CAB CHAMPIONSHIP
- Agnimitra Chowdhury of Class XII playing in under -19 CAB Championship won the prestigious Man of the Match title
THE CROWDED STREETS OF FUN
Samyak Rai of Class XI published his own book The Crowded Streets of Fun. He was given a letter of appreciation by the honorable Governor of West Bengal, His Excellency Sri Kesari Nath Tripathi.
NAVY NCC EXAMINATION
Avantash Arora of Class X secured a coveted A grade in Navy NCC Examination
SKETCH MINDQ S2
- Raksha Karthik Mohan and Adithya Pradeep Nair of class 10 of Army Public School, Kolkata had participated in Kolkata’s Biggest Inter-School Quiz Competition- Sketch MINDQ S2 on
24th August 2018 & bagged the 1st Runner Up position. They were rewarded with the voucher of RS. 20,000.
CBSE FAR EAST ZONE ROLLER SKATING CHAMPIONSHIP
Norra Monis has bagged gold medal in CBSE FAR EAST ZONE ROLLER SKATING CHAMPIONSHIP
500m girls category
Pre- Nausainik Camp 2018
Best Marching Contingent in Pre- Nausainik Camp 2018.
Best JD Cadet
Best JD Cadet
Swachhta Abhiyan 2018
Swachhta Abhiyan 2018
Surgical Strike 2018
Nora Monis has secured the 2nd position n bagged a silver medal in 5oom girs Quad
Cluster Level Volleyball
1st position in Cluster Level Volleyball championship 05 Nov'18
Best Painting Award
Shrestha Goaj of class VIII-D got the Best Painting Award in Senior category in National level Oil and Gas Conservation drawing competition organised by PCRA
Inter school poster drawing competition
Suravi Saha of class VIII A got the first prize Rs. 2000/- cash in the inter school poster drawing competition held at BITM on 30 Nov 2018
Navy Day 2018
Today APS students have visited the INS Sumedha and INS Krich to celebrate Navy Day 2018
Avisikta Sinha and Atreyi Pal of class XI-Hum participated in GREENATHON-2018 Art Events at The Assembly of God Church School, Park Street
cbse far east zone roller skating championship held in krishna public school in chattisgarh
state level roller skating champion ship er
Nora Vibha Monis of 9a got 1 gold 2 silver n 1 bronze medal